8.18.2011

Recipe from the garden: Fresh salsa




It seems like every day that I head out to my garden, I return with a bowl full of tomatoes! I've given quite a few away, but hardly used any myself other than for salads. I'm ashamed of myself for this... So today I made some fresh salsa! Next harvest I'm going to make spaghetti sauce or bruschetta, yummy!



Here's what went in my salsa:
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped onion
juice from a lime
1/4 teaspoon salt
Jalapeno (optional) - (I ended up leaving this out because my husband pointed out that our jalapenos are much too small, in other words probably hotter than I can handle)


4 comments:

  1. I adore fresh salsa like this! We always make it during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love fresh salsa but our tomato plants were not producing this year because it is SOOOO hot here!! Stopping in from Busy Working Mama to say hello and follow : )
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks yummy. I'll have to make some after I pick my tomatoes today!

    ReplyDelete