8.18.2011

flipflop Wine Review Part 2



I recently had the opportunity to review three types of flipflop wine and I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the flipflop Riesling! Immediately after writing my review, I picked up a few more bottles at the local wine store, and recommended flipflop to at least a dozen friends. When flipflop wine asked if I would like to sample another three varieties, I said "sign me up!"


Upon arrival, I immediately tasted the flipflop Cabernet Sauvignon. I love a good rich red wine and was very satisfied by the flipflop Cabernet. This type of wine falls on the dry side, yet, I noticed a pleasant hint of chocolate and cherry. Yum! It was easy to enjoy by itself or pair with a meal. I chose to enjoy a glass while preparing a steak with grilled veggies and then had another glass with dinner :)


A few days later, a friend invited me over for dinner and I brought a bottle of flipflop Chardonnay along as my date. It was perfect for our summer dinner of sauteed chicken sausage and vegetables. I like that the flipflop Chardonnay was not overly dry, and it has a hint of sweetness from pineapple and vanilla. Mmm, delicious!


Finally, I tasted the flipflop Merlot. Merlot was once my wine of choice because I enjoy the dark, rich, full flavor. flipflop Merlot is true to the Merlot character and has a nice plum taste, without the bitter aftertaste some Merlot wines have.   

flipflop has certainly mastered the art of balance, with their wine varieties falling precisely at the right place on the sweet to dry scale. Each flipflop wine is unique, memorable, and delicious! There isn't a flipflop wine I've tasted that I don't like, although I do have my favorites. I would have to say the flipflop Riesling takes the #1 spot, followed closely by the Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. Now all that is left for me to taste is the flipflop Moscato. I will be heading to the store later in the week to pick up a bottle!

Also, please don't forget that flipflop wine has partnered with Soles4Souls Inc., the international shoe charity dedicated to providing free footwear to those in need. For every bottle of flipflop wine purchased, one pair of flip-flop sandals will be donated (up to 100,000)! To learn more about Soles4Souls, please visit: http://www.soles4souls.org/


Check out flipflop wine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/flipflopwines




Disclosure: I received samples of flipflop wines free of charge in order to facilitate this review. All opinions stated are 100% honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment