3.09.2011

Review: Vaska Herbatergent



I've mentioned a few times how much I love trying detergents... I guess it's one of the simple things I enjoy now that I'm a stay at home mom. Well, Vaska recently sent me a bottle of their Herbatergent to test out. Naturally I was excited, however, this was also due to the number of good things I've heard about Vaska products. In particular, Vaska's Herbatergent has quite a few benefits:
  • Hypo-allergenic – ideal for babies and people with sensitive skin
  • Safe on colors and all natural and synthetic washable fabrics
  • Softens fabrics naturally
  • Extends fabric life – no chemical damage, less lint
  • Reduces static electricity
  • Fresh, natural lavender fragrance (Light Lavender only)
  • 2x concentrated
  • Biodegradable
  • Graywater and septic tank safe
  • Formulated for high-efficiency (HE) and standard washers
  • Not tested on animals
 Also, the list of ingredients is nice and short (which I love to see!):
  • Plant-based surfactants
  • Vegetable conditioner
  • Water-soluble degreasing agent
  • Lavender extract
  • Lavender scent (Light Lavender only)
  • Filtered water
Here's another cool piece of information about Vaska:
"Vaska is among a select number of companies that have earned recognition by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Design for the Environment Program (DfE). As a DfE partner, we have voluntarily committed to developing products that break down quickly to non-polluting compounds and help protect aquatic life in both fresh and salt water. In 2008, Vaska was awarded “champion” status – the highest level of recognition under the EPA’s Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative."



My thoughts:
I've been using the scent-free Vaska Herbatergent for a couple weeks now. During this time, I've washed almost every type of laundry in the house, and enjoyed the clean and fresh results with each load. I even put the Herbatergent to the ultimate test by washing my dogs' crate blankets with it. The blankets are the dirtiest and stinkiest items of laundry in our house (especially with all the rain and mud we've had), so if this detergent could handle them I'm willing to bet it could handle anything! Sure enough, the dog blankets smelled amazingly better after just one wash, no extra rinse or odor removers necessary. Even with the scent-free Herbatergent my laundry smells incredible! What a relief because with my pregnant nose I'm particularly sensitive to odors (and perfumes) right now.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Vaska's Herbatergent. I think the best part other than the eco-friendly ingredients and cleaning power, is that a little detergent goes a long way! A small cap-full is all I need for most of my laundry loads. I also like that it is more liquid in consistency than gel like, because somehow I always get detergent on my hands or I spill it when doing laundry and the thick soap is harder to clean up. I'm also happy that Vaska products are available at stores like Target. Often I find a green product I love and then have trouble buying it locally. Plus at $9.99 a bottle, it is budget friendly!

Buy It: To find a store near you that carries Vaska products, click here.


Disclosure: I received a bottle of Vaska Herbatergent free of charge in order to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are 100% my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment