11.13.2010

$20 Christmas Limit

This year, I am putting a $20 (out of pocket) limit on Christmas presents for Jacob. The goal is to see how much I can get for free, cheap, or with money I earn online from surveys or Swagbucks. It's probably easier since he is only 14 months old and doesn't have a wish list for us yet, but here is what I have so far:

1. Melissa & Doug wooden puzzle from Pampers Gifts to Grow program - FREE
2. Three animal puppets from Totsy - $9.45 after my $15 credit and shipping

I plan to get:
1. Green Toys Eco-Friendly Firetruck from Wild Dill - FREE (I have a $35 credit from Eversave that didn't cost anything after account credits) regular price $24.00
2. Clementine Art Natural Crayons - 6 Color Pack - FREE (with Amazon gift cards I've earned) regular price $8.70
3. Plan Toy Solid Wood Drum - FREE (with Amazon gift cards I've earned) regular price $22.44


What are some ways that you are saving money this year?
What are some green or eco-friendly things on your list?




Disclosure: This post contains referral links.

4 comments:

  1. The red fire trucks are on Gilt right now for $18, or free after $25 sign up credit!

    http://www.gilt.com/account/register?pkey=mtvmen2

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, I meant $20, but still free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I ordered a couple things using the Gilt credit the other day, I had to think of a new email to register with :)
    The truck ended up being $5.95 after shipping, it may not make it by Christmas but that is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally inspired by your post! I'm FINALLY getting on the swagbucks wagon (what the heck took me so long?!) but I doubt I'll have enough to cash out in time for Christmas.

    I'm looking at Groupon deals daily and have snagged a few things that way. I also recently wrote a post about some of my holiday shopping strategies if you want to check it out! http://stuffparentsneed.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-holiday-shopping-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete