10.21.2010

Review: Infantino Eco Sash Carrier


Recently, Infantino provided me with their new Eco Sash carrier to test out and review. It's designed for babies up to 35lbs and has a lot of great features, plus compared to other similar carriers it's a little more affordable at about $60. Infantino offers a variety of products for baby-wearing, but what initially drew me to the design of the Eco Sash carrier is the wrap and tie design. I used a wrap when my son was little and liked the adjustability, but as he grew older I also wanted more support (like thick shoulder straps), which the Eco Sash offers. Now that we've used it a bunch of times over the past 6 weeks, and I'm now ready to report back.

What I like about the Eco Sash carrier:
  • The design caught my eye right away, I love the colors and pattern (it's also reversible to plain black)
  • You can wear the carrier in several different positions: in front with baby facing in, in front with baby facing out, or baby facing in on your back.
  • I like that I can tie it below my growing baby belly. Some other carriers have a hip belt that sit right on my stomach which is no longer comfortable. The ties are long enough that I can adjust as needed.
  • I like that it is comfortable to wear on my back for extended periods of time. Jacob felt secure and supported.
  • Finally, the detachable hood that keeps the baby's head covered from the sun or cold is a nice feature

However...
  • This carrier is a little trickier to learn to tie; it's definitely more like a wrap in that sense. Luckily, Infantino provides a helpful diagram stitched right inside of the carrier so you don't forget how to tie it.
  • Ultimately I think I would give it 4 out of 5 stars, with the downside being it is a little hard to put on and adjust, which Jacob was not patient for. However, once he was in and the carrier was tied, we were fine.
You can find Infantino on Facebook and Twitter, and find a store near you that carriers Infantino products here.

    Disclosure: I received the Eco Sash carrier free of charge from Infantino to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. 

      1 comment:

      1. I never tried a carrier on my back. We do have a big old hiking carrier from Kelty we got at a yard sale and it rocks. Of course, my hubby has to wear it since Lily's a 30 pounder now!

        ReplyDelete