9.07.2010

Baby #2

I just realized that I announced on my other blog, Army Wife for Now, about baby #2 and I forgot to mention it here. I'm only about 6 weeks along, and so far I'm feeling pretty good. I was able to talk to my hubby in Afghanistan and tell him the news the day after I found out. He is thrilled and hoping for another boy.

Compared to my first, there are a few things different about this pregnancy:
1. I'm eating more organic foods! Some of the foods I've switched to are organic chicken and grass-fed beef, organic milk, organic yogurt, organic cereals, organic juices, organic produce, and homegrown veggies, to name a few.
2. We use all natural cleaners, soaps, and detergents around the house! In the book, HAPPYBABY: The Organic Guide to Baby's First 24 Months, Dr. Robert Sears recommends using natural cleaners as one of the easy changes you can make to protect your family. The toxins in a variety of products are related to a long list of health problems. The change was easy for us considering that natural cleaners work as well or better than their toxic alternatives.
3. Since I'm already familiar with cloth diapers, have a routine, and a stash built up, we will be cloth diapering much sooner with this baby. Hopefully if the diapers fit, from day one. I will need to get a few more diapers, because Jacob probably won't be potty trained by then. However, at least I have a decent supply they can share and I will just have to switch to washing daily.
4. I look different. I've noticed that I'm starting to show already, I blame my stretched stomach muscles. Plus I'm 10 pounds heavier, than I was pre-pregnancy last time around. But that's all okay.

It will be interesting taking care of two little ones by myself during the end of the deployment, but I'm definitely looking forward to adding another baby to our family!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats mama! I can't wait to TTC #2. ;) I dot know how you army mama do it. My step sister is 19 with 2 under 2. We were both 17 when we got pregnant, (were 2 weeks apart) she was 17 when she gave birth to a little girl and I was 18 when I gave birth to my son. Her daughter was 6 months old when she got pregnant again and now she has an almost 2 year old and a 6 month old boy. (she now has her tubes tied) lol. Her husband is in kuait or afganastain right now and she has been doing it with help from family for 4 months but she just moved 100 miles away from all family so she is now raising 2 under 2 alone. Her hubby comes home for R&R in December and is suppose to come home in April. They will be having their wedding ceremony in December since they didn't have money for a big wedding at first.
    I envy you army mamas that's for sure. I'm a stay at home mama and I do it all alone since hubby works 24/7 ad I know it's not te same as being 5000 miles away but I know doing it alone is hard. But oh so worth is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Michelle! Take care of yourself... Jacob would be so thrilled to have a baby brother/sister soon!

    ReplyDelete