Review and Giveaway: Get Real by Mara Rockliff
"Can you change the world with your wallet? You already do. In this frank, teen-friendly manifesto, Mara Rockliff reveals what you’re really buying when you spend your money on a cell phone, a cheap t-shirt, or fast food—and shows the way to better choices, both for people and the planet.Start seeing the world for real, and discover how you can make a difference. You’ve got buying power—now let’s see you change the world for good!"
Get Real is very eye-opening! I appreciate that Mara Rockliff doesn't sugar coat the reality of modern consumerism. She gets straight to the point and presents a variety of shocking facts about the products we buy - where they come from and where they end up.
In my opinion, Get Real does an excellent job appealing to teenagers not only in the matter of fact tone, but also in the attention-grabbing design and graphics. Get Real has in-text features of "Rebels with a Cause" about teens that have taken a stand are great for inspiring other teens to get involved, and they keep the overall focus positive. Although written with teens in mind, Get Real has something to offer for a much larger audience. I highly recommend it!
Buy It: You can find Get Real at your local bookstore or on Amazon.com.
Win It: One reader will win a copy of Get Real by Mara Rockliff. To enter, leave a comment below about something you've learned along the way on your eco-friendly journey.
You must complete the mandatory entry above before you qualify for any extra entries! Post a comment below for each entry you complete, along with your email if it isn't visible in your blogger profile.
1) Follow Cheap and Creative with Google Friend Connect
2) Subscribe to Cheap and Creative by email or RSS
3) "Like" Cheap and Creative on Facebook
4) Follow Cheap and Creative on Twitter
6) Grab my blog button and comment with the URL of where it's posted (2 entries)
7) Vote for Cheap and Creative on Top Mommy Blogs, just click the link on the right sidebar (1 entry per day)
8) Enter any of my other current giveaways, or comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry each, leave separate comments)
9) Tweet about this giveaway and comment with your tweet URL (1 entry per day), you can use this tweet:
Win a copy of Get Real by Mara Rockliff @cheapandcreativ http://cheapandcreative.blogspot.com ~ Ends 8/8! #giveaway #eco
10) Share about this giveaway in your Facebook status along with a link, and then comment below with the status URL (you get this by clicking on the time of your status update) for 1 extra entry per day.
The giveaway ends August 8th at 11:59pm CT. One winner will be selected using random.org and notified by email. The winner must respond to the email within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to readers in the US.
Disclosure: I received a copy of Get Real from Running Press in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This post is based on my own personal opinions and experiences. Thank you Running Press for sponsoring this review and giveaway!