7.28.2010

Oil Pulling

My friend told me about something called Oil Pulling a few days ago. It really sounds pretty hokey to me, but since she swears by it, and coconut oil was already on my shopping list I thought I'd give it a try. My basic understanding is that you swish around a vegetable oil or coconut oil in your mouth first thing in the morning for about 15-20 minutes. By doing so the oil will help remove toxins from your mouth, as a result improving your overall health.

Well I tried it this morning and I could only swish for about 5 minutes before I almost gagged. The coconut oil tasted fine, but my throat is a little sore, and I don't normally swish anything for that long so I guess it will take some getting used to.

Has anyone else heard of Oil Pulling?

1 comment:

  1. Oil pulling is great! It's supposed to help with tons of problems. Personally, I mainly use it to whiten my teeth. I drink a ton of coffee and tea,use no other whitening product,and have really white teeth...so I guess it works.It also helped with gum pain/bleeding while brushing. My Dad used it for canker sores and that got rid of them too.

    ReplyDelete