6.28.2010

Cooking with a Crockpot

I'm officially using a crockpot for the first time today! I've been talking about getting one for about a year and finally did two weeks ago. It's not that I was being lazy, it's mainly that I had to talk my husband into letting me get one. He generally dislikes all of my kitchen gadgets and the space they take up, especially since we have very little counter space, so they get piled in the pantry. Yet, last month we purchased a fresh chicken at the farmer's market and it was HIS IDEA to cook it in a crockpot, much to my surprise.


I'm experimenting on the recipe since I haven't done this kind of cooking before... I ended up pouring some chicken broth over the chicken, tossing some lemon slices in, and adding a lemon pepper marinade on top. Now I have to patiently wait 6-7 hours (which is the hardest part for me!) I hope it turns out yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment