5.17.2010

Review: Bummis Swimmi



Since I'm a cloth diapering mom, disposable swim diapers have little appeal to me. I've tried using a diaper cover alone when my son plays in the pool, but it couldn't handle any messes. After a little searching, I came across the Swimmi diaper made by Bummis.



Bummis was founded by a couple cloth diapering moms that believe if parents see how easy it is to cloth diaper, then they will give it a try! As a fan of the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit, I couldn't wait to get a Swimmi swim diaper. I asked Bummis if I could test one out and then generously sent me a Swimmi in the fishies print (my favorite!) The Swimmi consists of polyester mesh that sandwiches a layer of nylon, and stretchy soft lycra bindings, all of which are irritation free!

We've used the Swimmi a bunch of times, mainly in the kiddie pool in the backyard, and it's working out great! I appreciate how easy the Swimmi is to use, because it does not require inserts. Also it has no bulk to it, it fits snug, but doesn't restrict movement. Most important, it stops messes perfectly!


The Swimmi comes in size small, medium, and large, so it's perfect for babies and toddlers 9- 30 pounds. You don't have to be a cloth diapering parent to appreciate the Swimmi, it's easy to use and will save you a bunch of money over buying disposable swim diapers. Not to mention ditching disposables is better for the environment!

Buy It: You can find a retailer that carries the Swimmi here.


Disclosure: I received a sample product free of charge to facilitate my review, no other compensation was received. These are my honest opinions based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment