Although I couldn't find actual statistics on how much lip balm a person swallows in a given year, I'm sure it's probably more than we would expect. Considering that some amount of your favorite lip balm ends up in your stomach, it's worth rethinking which products we use. eos (Evolution of Smooth) makes natural and organic lip balms, lotions, and creams that you can feel safe using every day!
The eos organic lip balm - smooth sphere is 95% organic and 100% natural! I love eos lip balms for a bunch of reasons. The first reason, besides the natural ingredients, is that it leaves my lips soft and smooth all day without needing frequent applications. Second, the shape of the balms is unique and convenient. When I reach in my purse, I can quickly find my eos lip balm because nothing else in my bag has the unique sphere shape. Also, the lid twists off easily and I've been able to perfect my ability to open and apply it with only one hand. Third, I love the flavors! I've tried both the mint lip balm, which is cool and refreshing, and the honeysuckle honeydew lip balm, which is sweet! Finally, I love that eos lip balm spheres last for a long time, so you will save money using them!
eos also sent me a bottle of their Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Cucumber Melon to try out. I immediately liked this product because they use a bottle made from at least 25% post-consumer recycled plastic! I prefer plastic bottles over metal because the metal containers tend to rust when I leave them in the shower, and it's nice that this plastic container has some green factor! Also, the bottle has grips on it making it easy to hold when wet. The ultra moisturizing shave cream is so moisturizing that it can be used to shave wet or dry. It's non-foaming and easily covers your skin with a nice lather. The best part is that the ultra moisturizing shave cream is free of parabens, animal by-products, and animal testing. I love how the aloe, oat, and shea butter kept my skin soft and hydrated after shaving!
Buy It: eos products are available in drug stores such as CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid, or can be purchased online. Please click here to locate a retailer near you.
Win It: One reader will win an eos organic lip balm sphere in mint and one in honeysuckle honeydew. To enter, please comment below with which eos product sounds the most appealing to you!
You must complete the mandatory entry above before you qualify for any extra entries! Post a comment below for each entry you complete, along with your email if it isn't visible in your blogger profile.
1) Sign up for the eos newsletter
2) Subscribe to Cheap and Creative by email or RSS
3) Become a Facebook Fan of Cheap and Creative
4) Follow Cheap and Creative on Twitter
5) Grab my regular button and comment with the URL of where it's posted (2 entries)
6) Vote for Cheap and Creative on Top Mommy Blogs, just click the link on the right sidebar (1 entry per day)
7) Enter any or all of my other current giveaways (1 entry each, leave separate comments)
8) Email 3 friends about this giveaway and cc email@example.com on the email (1 entry)
9) Tweet about this giveaway and comment with your tweet URL (1 entry per day), you can use this tweet:
Win eos organic lip balms @cheapandcreativ
http://cheapandcreative.blogspot.com ~ Ends 5/12!
10) Share about this giveaway in your Facebook status along with a link, then comment below with the status URL (you get this by clicking on the time of your status update) for 1 extra entry per day.
The giveaway ends May 12th at 11:59pm CT. One winner will be selected using random.org and notified by email. The winner must respond to the email within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to readers in the US.
Disclosure: I received sample product from eos in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This post is based on my own personal opinions and experiences. Thank you eos for sponsoring this review and giveaway!