2.15.2010

Review: Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit


A few weeks ago I was fortunate to win the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit from Minnesota Mama's Must Haves! I was very excited because until now I had been functioning on 12 cloth diapers and frequently doing laundry. Yet when I saw how much came with the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit I decided there was plenty to share with a friend of mine who is building up her cloth diaper stash. She provided me with feedback for this review as well.

The  kit comes in two sizes: 
Infant 5 - 15lbs.
Baby 15 - 30lbs.

The Infant Kit comes with:
•    24 infant size Organic Cotton Prefold diapers (4 x 8 x 4 layers thick)
•    4 Super Whisper Wraps – small
•    2 Super Brites – small
•    3 rolls Bio-Soft liners – small
•    5 reusable Fleece Liners
•    Fabulous Wet Bag – large (available exclusively in the Kit)
•    User Guide

Then Baby Kit comes with:
•    18 baby size  Organic Cotton Prefold diapers (4 x 8 x 4 layers thick)
•    2 Super Whisper Wraps – medium
•    2 Super Brites – medium
•    1 roll Bio-Soft liners – large
•    5 reusable Fleece Liners
•    Fabulous Wet Bag – large (available exclusively in the Kit)
•    User Guide 
Above is my son Jacob modeling his Bummis diaper

What we really like about Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit:
- VERY cost effective compared to buying one-size and all-in-one diapers (~$169)
- The prefold inserts are organic cotton which may be the greenest way to cloth diaper
- The prefolds are VERY absorbent!
- Covers fit well and stop leaks
- Using prefold inserts (and learning the "bikini twist") was easier than I thought it would be thanks to the user guide that is included
- Flushable liners make it less messy to clean up the poopie diapers
- Fleece liners are great for sensitive skin and protecting the diapers from diaper rash cream
- Large wet bag is a convenient way to collect soiled diapers
- The kit really does have everything you need to start cloth diapering!
- and the only potentially negative thing about the Bummis system is that it is a little more bulky than the other diapers I use

For more info, please visit Bummis!

Disclosure: I was not asked by the company to write this review, nor was I compensated in any way. I won the product in a giveaway and these are my honest opinions!

3 comments:

  1. Organic cloth diapers are great not to mention they can save a family alot of money over disposable diapers and are better on babies skin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organic diapers are great and are very easy to use. They cut down the instances of diaper rash and keep your baby drier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cool, iI wish I'd started with cloth my alelset..

    ReplyDelete