A few weeks ago I was fortunate to win the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit from Minnesota Mama's Must Haves! I was very excited because until now I had been functioning on 12 cloth diapers and frequently doing laundry. Yet when I saw how much came with the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit I decided there was plenty to share with a friend of mine who is building up her cloth diaper stash. She provided me with feedback for this review as well.
The kit comes in two sizes:
Infant 5 - 15lbs.
Baby 15 - 30lbs.
The Infant Kit comes with:
Above is my son Jacob modeling his Bummis diaper
What we really like about Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit:
- VERY cost effective compared to buying one-size and all-in-one diapers (~$169)
- The prefold inserts are organic cotton which may be the greenest way to cloth diaper
- The prefolds are VERY absorbent!
- Covers fit well and stop leaks
- Using prefold inserts (and learning the "bikini twist") was easier than I thought it would be thanks to the user guide that is included
- Flushable liners make it less messy to clean up the poopie diapers
- Fleece liners are great for sensitive skin and protecting the diapers from diaper rash cream
- Large wet bag is a convenient way to collect soiled diapers
- The kit really does have everything you need to start cloth diapering!
- and the only potentially negative thing about the Bummis system is that it is a little more bulky than the other diapers I use
For more info, please visit Bummis!
Disclosure: I was not asked by the company to write this review, nor was I compensated in any way. I won the product in a giveaway and these are my honest opinions!