Hello readers, if you like what this blog has to offer, I would like to ask you to vote for it by clicking the image above. The link is also on the left side of this page so you can vote as often as you like. Your support means a lot to me and I truly appreciate everyone who reads my blog, leaves comments, and offers suggestions :)
Tomorrow, February 25th, Swagbucks will be celebrating it's 2nd birthday, and what this means for us is LOTS of opportunities to earn Swagbucks! If you haven't started using Swagbucks sign up now! It's so easy to earn 3-5 swag bucks a day or more simply by using the site as a search engine, on top of that there is usually a bonus swagcode nearly every day! Also if you join through my link, that gets you 5 entries in my Amazon gift card giveaway!
Smart Cents Mom has information posted about a class action lawsuit against Dannon Yogurt. If you buy Activia or DanActive products you may want to read this because it could mean a refund up to $100 for you! Go HERE to read more!
Thank you to my sister for preparing this recipe to share!
This casserole has so many good things mixed in one for a well-balanced, nutritious meal!
1 package Spanish rice mix
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion*
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced*
2-3 cups skinless boneless chicken, chopped (I use pre-made grilled chicken strips and chop them up)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms*
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded carrots*
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
*Note: Add more veggies, if desired
1) Prepare the Spanish rice mix according to the package directions.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
3) Prepare veggies and chicken.
4) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in the zucchini, chicken, and mushrooms. Season with cumin and salt. Cook and stir until zucchini is lightly browned and chicken is heated through.
5) In large bowl, mix the beans, chiles, carrots, and 1 cup of the cheese.
6) Spread this mixture out in the casserole dish. Spread onion, zucchini, mushroom, chicken mixture on top. Thirdly, spread out the cooked rice. Finally, sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of cheese.
7) Cover casserole loosely with foil, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
The USO is offering a FREE soft-cover 20 page photo book for troops stationed anywhere with an APO/FPO or MPO mailing address! Go HERE to sign up and you’ll get a coupon code for a FREE photo book and FREE economy shipping! ($17 value)
When Diapershops.com reaches 3,500 fans on Facebook, they will be giving away a bumGenius and a Flip cloth diaper! There are several ways to enter the contest, first become a fan HERE and then read the contest details on their fan page.
If you cloth diaper, I highly recommend you check out Diapershops.com because they offer great variety (and my two favorite brands bumGenius and Fuzzibunz!) at great prices!
If you'd like to make a set of these hair clips here are the directions!
What you need:
1. Prepare your flowers and leaves, cut off any extra stem. Cut a small piece of felt, just enough to cover the glued area on the back of the clip
2. Glue the leaves to each flower
3. Glue the flowers together
4. Pinch the felt in the clip, leaving the flat side up (this is the part that will touch your head)
5. Glue the bent part of the clip and edges of the felt to the flowers and leaves
6. You're done!
Buy it: You can buy a set of two red rose clips or one white rose clip for $5 (with free shipping)! That's cheaper than the materials if you only planned to make one set. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I accept Paypal :)
See some of my other baby items at Baby by Michelle Elise
Win it: Two readers will each win a set of two of these red rose clips! Enter below by February 28th. The winner will be selected using random.org at 8pm (CST).
You can do any or all of the following to enter:
1. Subscribe to this blog via Feedburner or RSS
2. Follow Cheap and Creative on Twitter
3. Follow via Google Friend Connect (2 entries)
4. Become a Facebook Fan
5. Blog about this giveaway and provide a link to this page on your blog, then comment here with a link to your blog (5 entries)
6. Tweet about this giveaway and make sure I see it (@CheapandCreativ), then leave a comment here (1 entry) - You can do this 2 times a day! Comment here each time you tweet with the tweet URL. You can use this tweet if you like: Win a set of rose hair clips @cheapandcreativ http://cheapandcreative.blogspot.com/ (Ends 2/28!) #giveaway
7. Email 3 friends about this giveaway and CC email@example.com on the email (1 entry)
8. Join Swagbucks through this link and tell me the swag name you joined under (new Swagbucks members only - 5 entries)
Please leave one comment for each entry, all entries must have your email address in them!
I decided during pregnancy that when the time came I was going to make my son's baby food. Wow, does time fly quickly, because within the past month, he already started eating solids. So I was thrilled when I won the Fresh Baby So Easy Baby Food Kit from Familylicious Reviews & Giveaways several weeks ago! This kit is literally the dummy-proof solution for people that want to make baby food but have no idea where to start.
From the Fresh Baby website: So Easy Baby Food Kit includes - Cookbook: covers introducing solid food, includes over 40 recipes, hundreds of serving suggestions, and is all organized by age. (Hardcover, 118 pages). Freezer trays: designed for storing baby food in pre-portioned one ounce servings to simplify meal time and reduce waste. (2 trays and 2 lids, spill-proof, stackable, dishwasher-safe). How-to DVD: offers step-by-step instruction - from selecting the right produce - to making baby food - to serving it. Nutrition tips card: gives you tips on the best sources of nutrients, introducing foods by age, first aid for choking, and more. (Waterproof Finish)
The recipe book gives step by step directions as well as suggestions for mixing ingredients. I tested out the So Easy Baby Food Kit with Acorn Squash first. It was very easy (only a couple quick steps) and I'm excited because I learned from sampling the baby food that I REALLY LIKE acorn squash! Yummy! Next I'm making butternut squash!
Now I'm more of a cookbook kind of girl than a cooking show girl, but in the interest of this review I tested out the DVD as well. For the visual learners out there, this is where you will want to start with the So Easy Baby Food Kit! The DVD covers the basics of starting solids foods, walks you through making apples and sweet potatoes, freezing the cubes, mealtime prep and taking meals on the go, and mixing medleys.
In the 3 pictures above, you can see the quick and easy steps I took when making the acorn squash baby food: chop, steam in the microwave, puree, and freeze.
What I enjoyed best about making the baby food is that I know exactly what went in it: squash and water, nothing else! No fillers, sugar, or preservatives! However, the savings part is awesome too! The acorn squash cost me $1.50 and made 24 1oz servings instead of the $8+ it would have cost to buy jars of Earth's Best baby food (my favorite brand).
What we really like about Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit:
- VERY cost effective compared to buying one-size and all-in-one diapers (~$169)
- The prefold inserts are organic cotton which may be the greenest way to cloth diaper
- The prefolds are VERY absorbent!
- Covers fit well and stop leaks
- Using prefold inserts (and learning the "bikini twist") was easier than I thought it would be thanks to the user guide that is included
- Flushable liners make it less messy to clean up the poopie diapers
- Fleece liners are great for sensitive skin and protecting the diapers from diaper rash cream
- Large wet bag is a convenient way to collect soiled diapers
- The kit really does have everything you need to start cloth diapering!
- and the only potentially negative thing about the Bummis system is that it is a little more bulky than the other diapers I use
This winter my entire family has been struggling with dry skin. My poor 5 month old has extremely dry skin on his face and scalp. So far I haven't been successful in finding a product that will keep him from flaking and itching, and I've tried quite a few "baby lotions." Yet, I'd heard many positive things about Weleda products, so I decided to give the Calendula Lotion a couple days ago.
After 2 days of applying the lotion to his scalp (2 applications total!), my baby's flakes cleared up and the itching stopped! Miracle? Probably not. However, I'm amazed! It's given me piece of mind because he was scratching his scalp in his sleep until it bled, and he figured out a way to sneak out of every attempt I made to cover his hands.
What I really like about the Calendula Lotion:
- It is 100% Certified Natural
- It smells wonderful! (Side note: Your sense of smell has a very strong connection to memory. Using the lotion on myself reminded me of a visit to the day spa, and considering that outside my front door is half a foot of snow, I'd pay more than the $11.99 the Calendula lotion cost at Target any day if it makes me feel like I'm basking in the sun at the spa!)
- Quick absorbing, but not so quick that a few minutes after application you can't remember if you even put on lotion or not
What I didn't like:
- It comes out of the bottle a little runny, however, there are a couple kinds of oil in the lotion so that can probably be expected
- No other complaints, I LOVE IT!
Disclosure: I was not asked by the company to write this review, nor was I compensated in any way. I purchased the product myself and these are my honest opinions!
I finished reading the Swagbucks newsletter right now and I'm excited because on February 25th Swagbucks will be celebrating it's 2nd birthday, and what this means for us is LOTS of opportunities to earn Swagbucks that day! It said in the newsletter that last year they offered 7 swagcodes (released throughout the day in places like the blog or toolbar), but this year there will be:
New look home page and Swag Store + more ways to earn SBs every day New images of the Swag Guy, Swag Gal, and all Swag Buck bills
New fully-stocked Swagstakes Portal
Mega SB code hunts, and one very...very...big surprise
Mark your calendar! If you haven't started using Swagbucks sign up now ! It's so easy to earn 3-5 swag bucks a day or more simply by using the site as a search engine, on top of that there is usually a bonus swagcode nearly every day! Also if you join through my link, that gets you 5 entries in my Amazon gift card giveaway!
You can get Feline Pine cat litter free after rebate! Simply follow the instructions on the rebate form to make sure that you get your rebate check...making your purchase free. The rebate can be used on a 7lb bag of original Feline Pine, or Feline Pine Scoop 3.8lb bag or 4lb bag. Rebate is valid until June 30, 2010.
A few months ago my friend Brynn told me about Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, which is a program that sends one hardcover book a month to Tennessee children until they are 5! Sign up HERE.
Today we received The Gingerbread Man in the mail!:
Note: You cannot sign up before your child is born because they will verify your child's birth date with your county of residence. Allow six weeks for your first book to arrive.