I originally found my jambalaya recipe here:
This recipe makes a large amount, but we like leftovers! Here's how I modify it:
The recipe says to cook it in the oven, I tried that twice and my rice wasn't getting cooked all the way so I cook it on the stove now.
1. Cook the Minute rice in a large pot (follow the directions on the box)
2. In a large bowl combine the other ingredients except for the chicken stock or broth
3. Add ingredients into the pot with rice in it and add chicken stock to the consistency you want it (more it you want it soupy or less if you want it more of a rice dish). Note: I split it into two large pots.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sausage and shrimp are warm and the bell peppers are soft (about 15-20 min)
5. Stir in chili powder if you like
6. I store the leftovers in mason jars